DEPARTMENT OF SURGICAL ONCOLOGY
Highly specialized and experienced surgeons are conducting the most difficult and complex new operations, while there is always the option for laparoscopic and robotic surgery methods.
The following surgical operations are conducted in the Interbalkan Medical Center and the Department of Surgical Oncology:
- Breast and Endocrine Glands
- Colon and rectum
- Upper digestive tract (esophagus, stomach)
- Liver – Biliary Tract – Pancreas
- Bone and soft tissue sarcoma
- Head and neck (maxillofacial surgery and ENT cases)
- Chest (lung and esophagus)
- Urinary tract (prostate, kidneys, bladder)
- Gynecological (ovaries, cervix, endometrium)
- Central Nervous System (brain, spinal cord)
Moreover, in the Oncology Center there is also a specialized Liver – Pancreas – Biliary Tract Department that implements all modern treatment methods for cancer.
In the Radiation Department, experienced radiotherapists with the use of the most modern imaging tests (CT, MRI) are conducting high-precision radio-therapy regimens, which are highly effective and with minimum side effects.
The Department of Nuclear Medicine conducts high-precision measurements of tumor markers, while the Department of Therapeutic Isotopes administers Iodine 131 for the treatment of thyroid cancer.
In the Interbalkan Medical Center website you may find detailed information about all the healthcare services and facilities provided by the hospital, in Greek, Russian and English