The Cardiology Department of the Interbalkan Medical Center -a pioneer in cutting edge medical technology- equipped its Heart Ultrasound Lab with the most modern diagnostic devices.
The new Philips IE 33 3D ecocardiographer is unique on a panhellenic level, providing the most accurate diagnosis and evaluation of all cardiovascular diseases. All the other heart ultrasounds are 2D. A 3D image provides higher resolution.
It's a simple, reliable, non-invasive method, with no radiation and at a relatively low cost that can be repeated without being harmful to the patient, while is also recommended for infants and children.
It's fully equipped to detect:
Valvular heart disease (aortic stenosis, mitral stenosis, prosthetic valves, etc.) Coronary heart disease Heart failure Cardiomyopathy Diseases of the myocardium Pulmonary hypertension Pulmonary embolism Thoracic aorta diseases (aneurysm, aortic dissection) Cardiac tumors Cardiac arrhythmias
- Infectious endocarditis
- Congenital heart diseases (atrial, ventricular septal defect, etc.)
- Cardiogenic embolism
- Chronic renal failure, thyroid gland diseases, patients on chemotherapy, preoperative assessment before heavy surgeries.
It's a diagnostic method that requires training, expertise and experience.
Incomparable diagnostic sharpness for:
- 3D live transthoracic echocardiography
- 3D live transesophageal echocardiography
- Myocardial tissue imaging of the myocardial walls which helps in the diagnosis of coronary disease and the diagnosis of the incipient myocardial infraction without the loss of valuable time for ECG and laboratory tests.
- Contrast echocardiophy, with the use of bubbles to monitor myocardial ischemia.
- Automatic detection of the myocardial limits.
- Coronary flow reserve of the epicardial coronary vessels.
- Pediatric echocardiography for fast diagnosis of congenital heart diseases.
Valvuloplasty is the most modern treatment of the cardiac mitral valve. The prerequisite for a successful operation is the 3D transesophageal
echocardiography that basically guides the heart surgeon.
It also contributes to the fast and proper percutaneous convergence of the atrial septal defect with an umbrella inserted through the femoral vein, without surgery. The patient can be discharged the next day.
The patient that chooses the Cardiology Department of the prestigious Interbalkan Medical Center will be treated by prominent doctors with longstanding clinical experience and specialization that use premier diagnostic/interventional equipment.