THE MOST ADVANCED SYSTEM OF AXIAL TOMOGRAPHY: SOMOTOM Definition 128 slices/sec
It is the only CT scanner that carries out 128 slices/sec (64x2), because it applies dual energy technology (two lights and two detectors rows). All other systems (using only one X-ray source and one detector) can carry out only 16,32,64 incisions.
It only takes 83 m/sec for the creation of an incision; that's half the time previous generation scanners needed.
Reduced exposure to radiation, of up to 50%.
Faster than the heartbeat, producing perfectly clear images of the heart, with zero blur.
Briefly, SOMOTOM is ideal for:
- Non-invasive coronary angiography
- Pulmonary embolism
- Investigation of severe chest pain
- Investigation of congenital heart disease
- Monitoring patients after By-Pass
- Study of patients with endovascular stents
- Study of patients with myocardial infarction
- The patient is discharged from the catheterization procedure for graft monitoring.