The Outpatient Clinic is open daily (Monday - Friday 07.00 - 15.00), with scheduled telephone appointments and in outstanding cases, if deemed necessary.
The highly experienced and specialized doctors are conducting clinical exams and immediate diagnostic tests where appropriate, without the need for patient transfer or delays. Moreover, if it's deemed necessary, the on-call doctors will cooperate with doctors from other specialties.
The Outpatient Clinic is fully equipped with ultra-modern devices and staffed with a specialized medical and nursing personnel.
- Vascular / Vascular Surgery: All vascular surgical operations for abdominal, thoracic and thoraco-abdominal aortic aneurysms, carotid, subclavian vessels and peripheral vessels stenosis, as well as for vascular lesions and other musculoskeletal disorders that cause vascular disorders are performed in the Interbalkan Medical Center. Daily from 10.00 to 14.00.
- Allergiologic: Tests for aeroallergens and food allergens, drug allergies, susceptibility to insects, and patch tests for the investigation of dermatitis by contact are performed in the Interbalkan Medical Center.
- Gastroenterology: Fully equipped endoscopy unit for gastroscopy (duodenoscopy), colonoscopy – polypectomy - hemostasis of bleeding ulcers, vessels and neoplasms - ERCP, sphincterotomy of Vater's tubercle - liver biopsies - bronchoscopy.
- Maxillofacial: Treating all conditions of the oral cavity, as well as in the wider area of the face and neck.
- Gynecological: Performing check-up (test pap, colposcopy, ultrasound), procedures (hysterectomy, fibroid enucleation, procedures for various diseases of the pelvic floor – urogynecological (uterine prolapse), minor surgeries (diagnostic and therapeutic abrasions, warts cautery, either surgical or endoscopically.
- Dermatology: Treatment of skin lesions, operations, with the use of cryotherapy and diathermy, skin biopsies. Clinical examination, mole dermoscopy, skin biopsies.
- Diabetological: Update - dietetics, lab monitoring (biochemical control, HbA1C), insulin therapy, glucose tolerance test, organ monitoring and diabetic complications (diabetic foot).
- Endocrinological: Patients with problems related to all fields of Endocrinology, namely the thyroid gland, adrenal glands, pituitary, gonads (hypogonadism, Infertility), metabolism (obesity, diabetes mellitus, hypoglycemia, hyperlipidemia) and bone metabolism (osteoporosis, hyperparathyroidism) are monitored and examined by highly specialized doctors. Open every Tuesday and Thursday from 09:00 to 14:00.
- Hepatological: It covers the entire spectrum and all the stages of acute and chronic diseases of the liver and the biliary tract: Viral, Autoimmune, Metabolic, Pharmaceutical, Neoplastic, Vascular, etc. It is open daily, and patients undergo all required examinations and receive an immediate assessment of the therapeutic method by the specialized team of doctors.
- Thoracic Surgery: Treating surgical diseases of the lungs, trachea, esophagus, diaphragm, and the thoracic mediastinal wall, using the latest technology and new techniques in collaboration with oncologists, pulmonologists and pathologists.
- Cardiology: Supported by a wide spectrum of examinations, such as: a) Heart doppler and triplex, Stress Echo and transthoracic heart ultrasound, b) stress test, rate and blood pressure holter.
- Heart Surgery
- Main Labs: Blood, biochemical, body fluids, immunological, microbiological, and molecular biology tests, Electrophoresis - Immunoelectrophoresis, Drug and Substances Level Determination. (photo: Labs)
- Breast Clinic: It is staffed by breast surgeons, specialized in the diagnosis and treatment of various diseases, with the most modern methods (sentinel lymph node, oncoplastic surgery) and integrated into the Breast Unit that provides a comprehensive approach to breast monitoring, therapy and reconstruction.
- Obstetrics: Pregnancy monitoring from the first trimester up to delivery. Monitoring of high-risk pregnancies, ultrasounds and clinical monitoring. There is also a department for prenatal monitoring that conducts prenatal ultrasounds from the first trimester for the detection of intrauterine pregnancies, nuchal translucency and PAPP-A testing, as well as second-level ultrasounds and monitoring of the fetus' anatomy, and growth in the third quarter.
- Neurology: This clinic is equipped with an EEG with videometry, as well as with a NIHON KOHDEN Electromyographer for the detection of lesions in peripheral nerves, spinal injuries and conditions, etc. Moreover, treatments for dystonia, torticollis, muscle spasticity, rigidity, etc.
- Neurosurgery: Eminent neurosurgeons of the Interbalkan Medical Center perform the most difficult and specialized operations with state-of-the-art equipment, like Deep Brain Stimulation, pump implantation for spasticity and chronic pain, as well as techniques for trigeminal neuralgia. The department also performs spine surgeries, and surgeries on brain tumors, brain hematomas, hydrocephalus, traumatic injuries, peripheral nerves disorders, and trigeminal neuralgia. Also treated are multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, mental illnesses etc.
- Nephrology: The nephrology outpatient clinic is open daily from 11:00 to 12.00am, by appointment and is located on Level 0. The department examines patients with kidney problems, hypertension or under chronic periodical dialysis or after kidney transplantation.
- Orthopedic: Treating cases of scoliosis, osteoporosis, shoulder, elbow, knee injuries and other sports lesions, as well as the conditions - deformities of the spine.
- Urology: Diagnosis and therapy of various conditions of the urinary tract. Treating conditions occurring in men, women and children with the most modern methods. Urological testing, prostate transrectal ultrasound etc.
- Ophthalmology: Visual acuity, retinoscopy, tonometry, visual fields, flouoroangiography, corneal topography, corneal pachymetry, biometry. Treating cases with secondary cataract with the Yag laser and cases of diabetic retinopathy, retinal cracks and retinal vein occlusion with the Argon laser.
- Pathology: For the diagnosis and treatment of all simple, as well as chronic diseases. The department's doctors suggest the required lab tests and determine the appropriate treatment.
- Pediatric Clinic: Diagnosis and treatment for neonates, infants and children. The clinic's pediatricians are on-call on a 24hour basis, and cooperate with eminent doctors of all pediatric specialties (cardiologist -with heart ultrasounds for the newborns-, hematologist, neurologist, pulmonologist, gastroenterologist, endocrinologist, orthopedic, etc.). There is also a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. (photo: the baby's hand).
- Plastic Surgery: Minor surgeries, like removal of moles, small skin lesions, skin cysts, etc.
- Pulmonology: Thorough check-up of the respiratory function. Simple and bronchodilating spirometry, respiratory muscle checkup, lung capacity. Night oximetry, C-Pap application, allergic skin reactions. Sleep laboratory for the study and treatment of apnea syndrome, nocturnal and exertional hypoxemia, etc.
- Rheumatology: Open daily for patients with persistent pain in the joints, prolonged morning stiffness in the spine and joints, joint swelling, etc.
- Hypertension: Therapy adjustments, organ monitoring combined with imaging methods, etiology of secondary forms of hypertension monitoring, use of HOLTER for blood pressure 24hour recording.
- Surgical Clinic: In this clinic, patients -except from clinical and diagnostic testing- can undergo minor procedures, in the field of general surgery.
- ENT / Audiology - Neuro-otology Clinic: Endoscopy, nasal pressure airflow measurement, minor surgeries to adults and children. Head, neck, nasal and ear surgery. Treatment of tinnitus, vertigo, hearing impairment, ENG, early Newborn hearing screening test, study for the use of hearing aids etc.