The Orthopedics and Trauma Department is open on a 24hour basis and boasts a highly qualified and experienced staff consisting of Orthopedic Surgeons that have been trained in the most contemporary medical centers of the world in new techniques and treatment methods. It has a fully equipped Rehabilitation Center and, of course, for every operation, its ICU is always on stand-by.
It boasts state-of-the-art equipment and specialized doctors that implement the newest surgical methods for orthopedic lesions and injuries:
- Osteosynthesis for spine, as well as for upper and lower limbs fractures, with minimally invasive techniques
- Treatment of elderly hip fractures with modern techniques, for immediate rehabilitation
- Spine surgery: micro-discectomy, spinal fusion, scoliosis, vertebroplasty, kyphoplasty, especially for osteoporotic fractures, and epidural injections with the use of C-ARM
- Sports Injuries Surgery: Knee, shoulder, hip, elbow, ankle and wrist arthroscopy, rehabilitation of meniscus, tendon, cruciate ligament, and musculotendinous cuff ruptures, injuries of the synovial cartilage, cartilage transplant, and treatment with autologous factors
- Arthroplasty for hip, knee, shoulder, elbow, ankle, finger joints of legs and arms, with latest generation prostheses manufactured in the most renowned foreign labs and minimally invasive operations
- Successful replacement of any hip or knee arthroplasty by experienced surgeons
- Lower limbs surgery and treatment of hallux valgus, metatarsals injuries, etc.
- Open and endoscopic carpal tunnel aperture
- Upper limbs microsurgery
- Needle and guided biopsy, with a CT scanner for bone and joints lesions
- Treatment of bone and joints infections with surgery and mild therapy, in cooperation with specialized infectious diseases doctors
- Removal of tumors of the musculoskeletal system and replacement with special prostheses