CENTER OF PHYSICAL MEDICINE, SPORTS MEDICINE & REHABILITATION
The Center of Physical Medicine, Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine is the only specialized unit in northern Greece and is part of the Interbalkan Medical Center. Due to the high standards of its facilities and the provision of specialized sports medicine services, it is the only center in Greece that was selected as a Collaborating Center by the International Federation of Sports Medicine (FIMS) in cooperation with the Sports Medicine Association of Greece.
Distinguished doctors from all related specialties (neurologists, orthopedics, angiologists, rheumatologists, pediatricians, cardiologists, surgeons, etc.) cooperate with the physiatrists, offering multifaceted and comprehensive services from the first moment of hospitalization in the Intensive Care Unit, the patient wards, and the autonomous Rehabilitation Center.
Visiting patients are facilitated by the welcoming staff, the fully accessible facilities for people with disabilities and the free parking.
The Department of Sports Medicine provides services in the domains of prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation for individual athletes and teams.
The Center consists of the following departments:
- Medical Rehabilitation
- Sports Medicine
- Speech Therapy
- Hydrotherapy: pool, hot tub, bathtub, whirlpool
Medical services for:
- Patients hospitalized in the ICU and patients with severe burns.
- Patients with orthopedic problems.
- Rehabilitation after fractures and dislocations.
- Ligaments, tendons, muscle and vessel injuries.
- Injuries of the spine with or without neurological disorders, paraplegia, quadriplegia.
- Peripheral nerves lesions.
- Arthritis, degenerative and inflammatory diseases.
- Metabolic bone diseases, osteoporosis prevention and treatment.
- Congenital anomalies of the musculoskeletal system, cerebral palsy.
- Diseases from neuromuscular disorders, degenerative paralysis, polymyositis, obstetric paralysis.
- Ischemic syndromes, Volkmann Syndrome, various leg syndromes.
- Specific conditions: of the cervical column (cervical syndrome), lumbar column (LBP), shoulder (periarthritis), elbow (epicondylitis), arm, hip, knee, ankle and foot.
- Rehabilitation of patients after traumatic brain injury, cerebral hemorrhages, and cerebrovascular accidents.
- Herniated cervical, lumbar, operated or conservatively treated.Peripheral nerves lesions.
- Degenerative conditions of the muscular system, extrapyramidal syndromes.
- Patients with cardiovascular and respiratory diseases and patients after heart surgery (by-pass), who undergo cardiac rehabilitation aerobic exercise.
- Rehabilitation of orthopedic and traumatology incidents of childhood.
- Rehabilitation of sports injuries.
- Empowerment and isotonic exercise machines and improvement of the physical condition of athletes and patients.