CARDIO - SURGERY
Heart Bypass Surgery + Surgical Valve Replacement
The Interbalkan Medical Center of Thessaloniki is a modern hospital with the most up to date diagnostic and surgical equipment covering the entire range of medical specialties including Cardio-Thoracic-Vascular Surgery.
The realization of all known methods and direct integration and application of innovative operations is guaranteed by the professional and scientific integrity of the surgeons, who for more than two decades trained and worked in world-class university clinics, where they held managerial positions. It is supported by 4 hemodynamic laboratories, 5 special operating theaters, 22 Intensive Care Unit beds, special chamber for postoperative treatment and all related clinical and ancillary structures.
Specifically the Interbalkan Medical Center performs the following
- Aortocoronary bypass surgery with the use of "off-pump"circulation or on beating heart depending on the indications
- Heart valve replacement
- Heart valve repair (valvuloplasty)
- Aorta operations (aneurisms, separations etc) including operations to the aortic arch and the descending aorta
- Adult congenital heart disease
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI) in collaboration with other medical specialties
- Surgical ablation for chronic atrial fibrillation
- ECMO placement
- Lobectomy, double lobectomy, pneumonectomy including bronchoplastic operations
- Lung segmentectomy
- Lung decortication (empyema)
- Mediastinal tumor resection
- Chest wall tumor resection
- Lung Volume Reduction Surgery (LVRS)
- Lung biopsy
A significant percentage of thoracic surgeries is done with Video Assisted Thoracic Surgery – VATS, where indicated.
- Lung cancer surgery
- Carina surgery mediastinum tumor and cyst surgery
- Bronchoplastic and angioplastic surgery (sleeve and double sleeve resection)
- Reimplantation technique
- Thoracic surgery with CBP and ECMO
- Chest wall reconstruction
- Operations of diaphragm and pleura (mesothelioma)
- Lung hydatid cyst removal VAT and robotic surgery
- Cardiac operations (CABG and valve replacement),
- VRS(Volume Reduction Surgery),
- Combined operations of lungs and mediastinum and heart thoracic surgery of neonates and children.