CONTACT DETAILS FOR INTERNATIONAL PATIENTS
Interbalkan Medical Center of Thessaloniki
10 Asclepiou Str., Pylaia Thessaloniki
Zip Code 57001 (next to the bus transfer station)
Call Center: +7 495 745 3362
Fax: +30 2310 471 056, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
At Interbalkan Medical Center the International Patients Department serves and provides information in person, by phone or via email.
The main goal of the Center is to provide immediate services to international patients that want to:
- Be admitted and hospitalized
- Visit the Outpatient Clinics, by appointment with a specialist physician, be examined and undergo diagnostic testing.
The Interbalkan Medical Center cooperates with international Insurance Funds and private Insurance Companies.
The center cooperates on a medical level with the countries of European Union, various counties of Southeastern Europe and Russia.
This cooperation has lead to partnerships with international organizations for the hospitalization of employees that reside in the Balkans (Americans, European citizens) and collaborations with governments for the treatment of war victims.
In addition, the Interbalkan Medical Center cooperates with international tourism agencies for the treatment of patients within the framework of medical tourism, while it also provides support to foreign patients with renal conditions in the Dialysis Unit.
Patient admission process:
- A medical history is always requested, in order for the Center to provide the best healthcare services based on the patient's condition. The patient can also directly contact the treating physicians.
- If a patient is interested in diagnostic tests (e.g. ΜRI, CT, ECHO), an appointment is scheduled.
- If it's a visit in the Outpatient Clinic, an appointment is also scheduled.
- In case of surgery or hospitalization, the patient selects the doctor after consultation with the hospital's administration.
- The doctor is informed about the case and the administrative department makes arrangements about the patient's hospitalization at the IMC (cost of hospitalization, duration of hospitalization, type of room, preoperative evaluation, etc.).
- A Provisional Proforma Invoice is always provided to the patient, which does not guarantee, however, the final hospitalization cost.
- The patient before being admitted always signs a statement of consent, undertaking the responsibility to fully pay the invoiced amount for his hospitalization, even if this cost exceeds the initially budgeted one, provided by the Center's representative, as a result of unforeseen circumstances.
- In order to be admitted, the patient has to prepay the entire cost of his hospitalization, unless otherwise instructed by the hospital's administration.
Any necessary consultation before the patient's admission as well as any communication with the consular authorities and the public insurance funds - during or after hospitalization - is carried out by the department's service officers.
The department is open:
Monday to Friday from 08.00 to 16.00
Tel: 0030 2310 400 944
Fax: 0030 2310 400 202
E – mail: email@example.com